After 12 days of travel, it was great to come home to two fun things:
- A Purina colleague visiting for the weekend before taking a training course here
- An Easter package from a dear friend in the States
Because of my changed flight itinerary, I landed in Geneva 10 minutes after my Purina colleague. Perfect timing! We got to chat on the train ride to Vevey. It’s so fun to have a familiar face here!
When I arrived home, my mailbox was full of:
- An insane amount of junk mail. (The Swiss get SO much junk mail. Way more than I ever did in the States.)
- Another 40 CHF ticket – this time for running a yellow light as it was turning red (apparently here yellow doesn’t mean accelerate).
- And a fun pink & green envelope full of Easter goodies!
Hooray for sweet friends who know my love for holidays and snail mail! I immediately hung my “Happy Easter” banner, and I love it!
Later this evening, we enjoyed a leisurely dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in Vevey. It’s literally around the corner from my house, and I love to use visitors as an excuse to go! All four of us ordered the duck, and it was delicious! Hooray for snail mail, visitors, and the start of the weekend!