Well, my hope of blogging city by city while I was stateside for my annual Home Leave did not pan out. Mostly because my days were SO FULL of time with people I love. It was completely insane, yet utterly amazing!
My 20-day trip in summary:
- Flew 9,640 miles
- Drove more than 2,300 miles
- Visited 11 cities in 6 states
- Slept in 8 beds (A huge THANK YOU to all of my amazing hosts!)
- Delivered 24 boxes of Swiss Chocolate…and a lot of other goodies!
- Met 14 new babies (including my new niece!)
- Enjoyed a pedicure!! (I chose OPI color, “From A to Zurich.” I mean, I live in Switzerland; how could I pass it up?!)
- Attended one wedding
- Ate A LOT of Chick-fil-a and Mexican food
- Connected with hundreds of family & friends…from all phases of life: childhood, Miami University (including several Pac Rimmers!), Nashville, St. Louis, Grand Rapids, and Purina
A couple of days into the trip, I realized that the past year has been one of all new relationships for me. While it’s so fun to watch my circle expand, it’s a huge relief to spend time with old friends…no small talk or starting from scratch…simply picking up where you left off. This trip was a huge infusion of energy for me. Don’t get me wrong, it was physically exhausting, but my heart was so full upon my return to Switzerland.
I won’t give you the play by play, but I’ll leave you with some of my favorite pictures from the trip. I think the glowing smiles tell the story better than my words…this trip was a HUGE success!
To those of you I saw while I was stateside: Thanks for rearranging your schedules to accommodate my timing. I appreciate you making time for us to get together. I LOVED it, and I was so happy to see each of you. I am incredibly grateful for the role that each of you play in my life.
[Remember how I recently saw Ricky Skaggs perform at Country Night in Gstaad? I saw a MUCH younger picture of him hanging on the wall in a BBQ restaurant in Nashville!)
[Spent an afternoon at the Nestle office in Solon catching up with some colleagues and Miami friends]
Back to COLUMBUS, OHIO
Back to CINCINNATI, OHIO
ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI
Back to ATLANTA, GEORGIA